Today has been a crazy day, and the worst of it happened early on! My building had 3 (?!?!) fire alarms within three hours while I was sleeping! Needless to say, the day was not off to the best start. After groggily dragging myself out of bed at the usual time, I had a pear with some almonds. I saw that I had an email saying that our dorm will be without hot water or heat until further notice…Turns out the alarms were carbon monoxide because there is something wrong with the boilers. I don’t mind the heat being turned off because it always gets so hot here; the water on the other hand…
I decided that I should do a tough workout to get very hot so the cold water wouldn’t bother me too much, I did a workout similar to my Dorm Room Workout. After a very quick shower, I had some overnight oats for breakfast.
I made this batch different than normal. I actually cooked the oats first and made it vegan.
Overnight Oats with a Twist
Serves 1 (310 calories)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 serving soft silken tofu (91 g), drained, pressed
- 1/2 banana
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Combine the oats with 1 and 2/3 cups water in a bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes (make sure to prevent it from overflowing).
- Remove (there should be extra liquid) and add the raisins.
- Place in the fridge overnight, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Mash the tofu and banana into the oats.
- Stir in the cinnamon and enjoy!
Have you ever had overnight oats made with cooked oatmeal (or other cereals)?
This was the first time I had it with a cooked grain, but I have made it with rolled barley, rye, oat bran, etc.
You May Also Like: Black Rice Tofu Custard