This morning I realized that in my haste yesterday, I neglected to tell you about some interesting happenings over the weekend. On Sunday, I was walking in front of St. John the Divine around W. 111th. and Amsterdam. I looked over towards the gates of the grounds, and there was a white peacock! I guess I was too mesmerized to take a picture, but I assure you next time, the camera will be ready! I also looked it up and sure enough, there is a white peacock that lives there. On a less interesting note, I got a free T-shirt from my school’s heatlh awareness initiative; this is “exciting” for 2 reasons: 1) it was a free shirt 2) it wasn’t 100% cotton and since I have been looking for a cheap not-cotton shirt for running in, this may be the answer (free is always better than cheap!).
This morning I had a grapefruit before starting my No-Equipment Needed Bodyweight 1200 Workout.
Then, I rushed off to class. Now I am prepping for a project presentation, which I am told my group has a good chance of winning the contest (and bonus credit) if all goes well; I don’t really care about winning (so different from how I was in high school), but I could probably use the boost. Wish me luck!
Notes on the exercises:
- Long jumps: jump as far forward as you can, no running starts, feet stay together.
- For the high-knees up downs: complete high knees for 6 counts and then squat, place hands on the ground, jump feet back to plank, and lower until your stomach is on the ground, then push back up, jump feet towards hands, and stand. Repeat 8 times.
- Ski jumps: jump side to side, as if over a piece of tape in the center, swing arms on sides (like using ski poles).
- Tuck jumps: jump as high as you can while pulling your knees to your chest (similar to doing high knees with both legs at once).
- Rockstar jumps: jump as high as you can while kicking both feet into your butt.
Complete the round twice as fast as you can. Next time you do the workout, try to complete it quicker. It took me about 20 minutes to complete it this time. Be sure to warm up first (I did some abdominal exercises along with pushups) and cool down after. And remember, have fun! Of course, consult your doctor before starting any exercise regime.
After this, I did some other bodyweight exercises and some with a resistance band for some additional toning. Breakfast was rolled oats, applesauce, almond butter, raisins, and almonds mashed into a pancake, but I didn’t cook it…does that make it a plate-cake, oat-cake, ???
Then it was off to classes. Right now, I am prepping for a project presentation, which I am told my group has a good chance of winning the contest (for bonus credit) if all goes well; I didn’t really care if we won (so different from how I was in high school), but I could definitely use the grade boost…wish me luck!
What was your workout today?
You May Also Like: Rest, Relaxation, & Yoga